v. The shifting of one's energy field, causing personalized enlightenment, healthier thinking, and lasting refinement.

Wednesday, December 14

A Family of Two

I grew up in a family of 10. I am one of eight children. More closely approaching the age of marriage, I ponder more what it would be like to live in a family of two. Throughout time that's how most families have started out--just a wife and husband. When individuals think about getting married, I wonder how many talk about starting a family as if a family is only begun once the baby arrives. I suspect these couples miss out on a wonderful opportunity. Once their children are grown, and they're back down to two, are they still a family? When throughout marriage and parenting, if the husband/wife relationship is not valued above being parents, those individuals often find themselves at a loss of what to do with all their extra time as empty nesters. Some lose themselves in work. Some travel the world. I wonder just how many fall back in love with their spouse? This aught to be a time anticipated and prepared for. One of the many joys in this life I observe is seeing an elderly couple, who have gained an abundance of wisdom from persevering parenting and life's challenges together, holding hands and smiling as if they where newlyweds.

No comments:

Post a Comment